Posts Tagged ‘Certified Nursing Assistant’
We assume that you are viewing this website because you have decided to take CNA classes to become Certified Nursing Assistant. You are a bit away from your answer of how to do it. Learning in net is becoming more demanding and is trying to overcome campus degrees. Most of the people choose online degree due to many surplus benefits they get. Most of the programs are highly in demand where finding a job after graduation would be easy. Online CNA courses are becoming popular day by day as it offers training for students who wants to be a nursing assistant and make able to offer their services to disabled people.
Qualification required to get enroll into CNA classes:
- The minimum age criteria is 18 years or above.
- You have to complete your high school diploma or GED.
- Before admission, you will be tested on your writing, reading and learning skills by many of the institutions.
- Complete health checks up proof (such as vaccination records, tuberculosis examination proof) are also mandatory.
- You should have no any records of police offences and you should be a clean citizen who is not engaged in any illegal behaviors.
Why should I take CNA classes?
- To handle the job effectively: The major tasks of students after completion of the training includes helping old patients, showering a patient and changing their clothes, changing their bed sheets, helping a patient in doing their routine exercise, giving them foods and medicines, taking care of childrens and so on. You cannot develop these skills within yourself without any learning and practical sessions.CNA training will make their students able to perform tough job ahead.
- To develop interpersonal skills within yourself: Think yourself once. Being a CNA means you have to deal with 100s of different type of patients and their relatives. If you are not confident enough to deal with such persons it’s worthless to become one. Sometimes you cannot even predict the mood of the patient.
- To get a lucrative salary at the end: Do you know the hands on benefit of being a CNA? Let me tell you. The average new bie salary of a CNA starts from $25,000 a year. With experiences and further education you can achieve greater milestones.
These are the overview of CNA classes offered online. Now we’ll clear you about their advantages and disadvantages.
- Flexible time schedule: On line classes are very beneficial for a busy student who doesn’t have time to go to campus to attain classes.They are flexible and can be taken anytime that is suitable for you.
- Featured Video Streaming classes: This is the most important aspects of online CNA classes. You are provided with detailed demonstration of the learning materials.
- Decide your length of study: Student can actually cut or extend his total training hours depending on how s/he handles activities, which is good for students aiming to graduate as soon as possible. Depending upon your interest and time you can decide the length of your study period and at the same time short cut tings depending upon your capacity.
- Easy access to wide informative resources: An online course provides an infinite source of information for students on all that medical research their curriculum would require from them.
Recommended CNA Schools!
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AS in Health Science - Independent Duty Medical Technician
- AS in Health Science - Army Dental Specialist (Military Only)
- AS in Health Science - Dental Laboratory Advanced (Military Only)
- And more...
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP- Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- AS - Medical Assisting
- Diploma - Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
Jobs in healthcare and social assistance are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010-2020 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In order to address the rapidly growing need for career-ready professionals in many exciting fields, UMA offers associate degrees that can be earned in as few as 15 months.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Online learning cannot have direct interactions with professors which seems a bit longer time to resolve unclear subject matters.
- CNA classes online promote discussion and queries in forums, but this may not be correct and true all the time.
- Field training is almost impossible for the students taking online CNA classes.
- Student taking online CNA training perform less in the field than those who take classes in campus.
Course Component of your CNA class
For you to become a certified nursing assistant, you should complete a course which ranges from 6 to 12 weeks. The course is focused for you to learn all the basic duties and responsibilities as a nursing assistant. In a complete course, which is often divided in three different components, you should attend lectures, complete skills training and also attend hospitals for hands-on training. This hands-on training would give you practical experience for the things you have learnt. Additionally, this will also support you to be familiarized to the environment of hospitals which will in return help you a lot in start of your career. This article will help you to understand the course components you have to complete to become a certified nursing assistant.
To provide effective care to patients, a nursing assistant must be familiar to the structure of the human body. Each student enrolling him/herself in CNA program must study about body parts of human body for this is required to know the condition of patient dealing with the affected body part. Nursing assistant with good background knowledge on human anatomy can deal even with the chaotic condition in cases like fractures, accidents or mishaps.
Among multiple duties of a certified nursing assistant, helping patients in their dietary needs is also an important one. To make students able to deal with such dietary needs of patients, this course focuses on the nutrition part. Under this course, student will be taught to know the nutritional value of each food and supplement that is to be given to patient. Only balanced diet can help patients for soon recovery and after completion of course on nutrition, every student will be able to judge and provide the exact and healthy diet to patients that can meet daily nutritional requirements.
Nursing assistant should always make them ready to deal with emergencies while working in any medical facility. In those emergencies, CPR is one of the important life savers. Thus, it is mandatory for students of nursing assistant programs to learn basic skills on CPR. The course on basic CPR will make students able to learn basic CPR skills that may be needed in their career.
Besides the subject areas discussed above, learning communication skills is also very important for the certified nursing assistants. Some schools may comprise communication skills as their mandatory course while others may not, depending upon the state of your education. However in all cases, learning communication skills is must for becoming an effective nursing assistant because in career the job entails to deal with patients every day. Learning communication skills will make you able to develop the required environment with patients to communicate regarding their needs and other medical requirements. Additionally, you also need to have patience, stress management skills and interpersonal skills to be successful as a CNA.
Finding Certified Nursing Assistant class online
Count on my words, finding online CNA classes are very simple and easy. All you need is a computer with an internet connection. You may be advised with many persons to click “online CNA classes” in your browser. But there are many institutions running these without any accreditation. This will cause a massive trouble towards our bright career. Know more about the preparations here.
Before enrolling into any programs be sure that the college is well accredited from a recognized institution. Also your license and state certification varies from state to state. Thus the best option for you would be to get admission in institution prior to the state you live in.
Accredited institutions providing CNA classes
- University of Phoenix
- Kaplan University
- National American University
- Walden University
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
Originally posted 2012-03-05 08:40:26.
If you have a dream of becoming a successful Certified Nursing Assistant, then CNA training programs are the stepping stones for you. To become a qualified CNA it’s mandatory that you get enroll into such accredited programs. They are offered by various colleges, universities, vocational trade schools, community colleges, Red Cross institutions and many more. CNA schools are well designed to provide necessary assistance and guidance to the individual wanting to become a Certified Nursing assistant. It believes in providing highest quality services to the patients and maintaining the overall integrity of medical industry.
Minimum qualification required
To get enroll into such program you must possess either a high school diploma or its G.E.D equipment. Some institutions may also seek for STAT score.
There is not any fixed or defined duration for completing your education. The training length greatly differs according to the state you live and according to the institution you choose to get enroll into. But following general guidelines, your CNA certification classes may vary from 2 weeks to as long as 12 weeks.
Some features of good CNA training programs
There are a lot of nursing schools across the US, each with different kinds of appealing features. And, it has become difficult for aspiring students to choose one school from another. We have listed some crucial features that good CNA schools must possess.
- Flexible Schedule: In these hard economic times, nobody wants to give up their current job to pursue their education in nursing. It doesn’t sound sustainable or rational. Therefore, aspiring students look for something that fit their schedule. A good idea would be to enroll an online CNA classes. Its schedule isn’t rigid, so one can continue working while pursuing a nursing career.
- State Accreditation: A CNA program must be accredited by the state so that it’s easier for you to appear the NCLEX-PN exams for certification. Join programs that are accredited by the state or nursing authorities ensures that you receive quality education and training. The CNA schools that have been accredited are likely to help you successfully pass the NCLEX-PN certification exam.
While must states only give credit to such colleges that are accredited by proper authorities, some do not have any such mandatory rule. That is as long the program consists of minimum training and hands-on experience on healthcare facilities.
- Specialized Training Program: Although it isn’t necessary for you to have any specialized CNA training, it will help you have a more specific job as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Any CNA training program would help you become a general nurse, but specific training programs will help you get into nursing areas like IV therapy, vein puncture, long-term patient health care, ECG rhythm interpretation, wound management etc. Specialized CNA training lets you choose the nursing area that you are most interested in and it also influences your salary.
- Job Placement: Look for CNA schools that would help you get a job after you graduate. After all, getting a job right after becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant would help to boost your nursing career and prove the worth of the time and money you spent on such programs.
It’s not that as soon as you finish your CNA classes you will be able to practice your work. You have to pass CNA certification test and get a license afterwards. Visit here to know how to pass the Exam with Flying Colors.
Online CNA training programs-Are they trustworthy?
Nowadays due to various hurdles and obstacles many of people seek for online programs. These busy bees can actually gain their training sessions anytime, anywhere and at their convenient time. You can have infinite access to varied valuable information and sources surfing in net. Online studies are very cheap compared to traditional programs.
Apart from all these advantages, there exist some disadvantages as well. Major cons of CNA schools on line include the lack of co-ordination amongst the professors. It’s mandatory that you should complete at least 100 quality hours of clinical sessions and 50 quality sessions of theoretical sessions. As long as online CNA programs you choose fulfill all the above mentioned criteria, they are trustworthy and choosing online or offline education is entirely you decision.
Besides all the above parameters, look for CNA training programs that provides adequate hands-on training and financial aid to deserving & needy students. The CNA Schools of your choice should help you advance in your nursing career without any significant inconveniences or hurdles.
Originally posted 2012-02-22 06:58:10.