Posts Tagged ‘Health Checks’
We assume that you are viewing this website because you have decided to take CNA classes to become Certified Nursing Assistant. You are a bit away from your answer of how to do it. Learning in net is becoming more demanding and is trying to overcome campus degrees. Most of the people choose online degree due to many surplus benefits they get. Most of the programs are highly in demand where finding a job after graduation would be easy. Online CNA courses are becoming popular day by day as it offers training for students who wants to be a nursing assistant and make able to offer their services to disabled people.
Qualification required to get enroll into CNA classes:
- The minimum age criteria is 18 years or above.
- You have to complete your high school diploma or GED.
- Before admission, you will be tested on your writing, reading and learning skills by many of the institutions.
- Complete health checks up proof (such as vaccination records, tuberculosis examination proof) are also mandatory.
- You should have no any records of police offences and you should be a clean citizen who is not engaged in any illegal behaviors.
Why should I take CNA classes?
- To handle the job effectively: The major tasks of students after completion of the training includes helping old patients, showering a patient and changing their clothes, changing their bed sheets, helping a patient in doing their routine exercise, giving them foods and medicines, taking care of childrens and so on. You cannot develop these skills within yourself without any learning and practical sessions.CNA training will make their students able to perform tough job ahead.
- To develop interpersonal skills within yourself: Think yourself once. Being a CNA means you have to deal with 100s of different type of patients and their relatives. If you are not confident enough to deal with such persons it’s worthless to become one. Sometimes you cannot even predict the mood of the patient.
- To get a lucrative salary at the end: Do you know the hands on benefit of being a CNA? Let me tell you. The average new bie salary of a CNA starts from $25,000 a year. With experiences and further education you can achieve greater milestones.
These are the overview of CNA classes offered online. Now we’ll clear you about their advantages and disadvantages.
- Flexible time schedule: On line classes are very beneficial for a busy student who doesn’t have time to go to campus to attain classes.They are flexible and can be taken anytime that is suitable for you.
- Featured Video Streaming classes: This is the most important aspects of online CNA classes. You are provided with detailed demonstration of the learning materials.
- Decide your length of study: Student can actually cut or extend his total training hours depending on how s/he handles activities, which is good for students aiming to graduate as soon as possible. Depending upon your interest and time you can decide the length of your study period and at the same time short cut tings depending upon your capacity.
- Easy access to wide informative resources: An online course provides an infinite source of information for students on all that medical research their curriculum would require from them.
Recommended CNA Schools!
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AS in Health Science - Independent Duty Medical Technician
- AS in Health Science - Army Dental Specialist (Military Only)
- AS in Health Science - Dental Laboratory Advanced (Military Only)
- And more...
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP- Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate
- AS - Medical Assisting
- Diploma - Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
Jobs in healthcare and social assistance are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010-2020 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.* In order to address the rapidly growing need for career-ready professionals in many exciting fields, UMA offers associate degrees that can be earned in as few as 15 months.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant (AS)
- Online learning cannot have direct interactions with professors which seems a bit longer time to resolve unclear subject matters.
- CNA classes online promote discussion and queries in forums, but this may not be correct and true all the time.
- Field training is almost impossible for the students taking online CNA classes.
- Student taking online CNA training perform less in the field than those who take classes in campus.
Course Component of your CNA class
For you to become a certified nursing assistant, you should complete a course which ranges from 6 to 12 weeks. The course is focused for you to learn all the basic duties and responsibilities as a nursing assistant. In a complete course, which is often divided in three different components, you should attend lectures, complete skills training and also attend hospitals for hands-on training. This hands-on training would give you practical experience for the things you have learnt. Additionally, this will also support you to be familiarized to the environment of hospitals which will in return help you a lot in start of your career. This article will help you to understand the course components you have to complete to become a certified nursing assistant.
To provide effective care to patients, a nursing assistant must be familiar to the structure of the human body. Each student enrolling him/herself in CNA program must study about body parts of human body for this is required to know the condition of patient dealing with the affected body part. Nursing assistant with good background knowledge on human anatomy can deal even with the chaotic condition in cases like fractures, accidents or mishaps.
Among multiple duties of a certified nursing assistant, helping patients in their dietary needs is also an important one. To make students able to deal with such dietary needs of patients, this course focuses on the nutrition part. Under this course, student will be taught to know the nutritional value of each food and supplement that is to be given to patient. Only balanced diet can help patients for soon recovery and after completion of course on nutrition, every student will be able to judge and provide the exact and healthy diet to patients that can meet daily nutritional requirements.
Nursing assistant should always make them ready to deal with emergencies while working in any medical facility. In those emergencies, CPR is one of the important life savers. Thus, it is mandatory for students of nursing assistant programs to learn basic skills on CPR. The course on basic CPR will make students able to learn basic CPR skills that may be needed in their career.
Besides the subject areas discussed above, learning communication skills is also very important for the certified nursing assistants. Some schools may comprise communication skills as their mandatory course while others may not, depending upon the state of your education. However in all cases, learning communication skills is must for becoming an effective nursing assistant because in career the job entails to deal with patients every day. Learning communication skills will make you able to develop the required environment with patients to communicate regarding their needs and other medical requirements. Additionally, you also need to have patience, stress management skills and interpersonal skills to be successful as a CNA.
Finding Certified Nursing Assistant class online
Count on my words, finding online CNA classes are very simple and easy. All you need is a computer with an internet connection. You may be advised with many persons to click “online CNA classes” in your browser. But there are many institutions running these without any accreditation. This will cause a massive trouble towards our bright career. Know more about the preparations here.
Before enrolling into any programs be sure that the college is well accredited from a recognized institution. Also your license and state certification varies from state to state. Thus the best option for you would be to get admission in institution prior to the state you live in.
Accredited institutions providing CNA classes
- University of Phoenix
- Kaplan University
- National American University
- Walden University
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
Originally posted 2012-03-05 08:40:26.